Monday, October 10, 2011

It's me again... fussing this time!

But I have pretty pictures... So does that help? LOL...

Please tell me why it took me walking all the way to the Post Office this morning before I realized it was a Federal Holiday and that the Post Office was closed?! Yup... my car is still dead, so I'm walking.... Now, don't go feeling bad... it's not far... And I don't mind! I actually like walking. My heart doesn't like it, lol.... But it's good for it! Walking never hurt anyone. In fact.... when I see my head doc every week, I take the stairs instead of the elevator. I don't understand why more people don't... You're only going up 2 floors people! I always tell her I know it's going to be a good day when I can actually make it up the stairs, I may be a little winded by the time I get up there, But I'm there, and that's a great feeling. The walls leading up the stairs are soooo white! And I was telling her the other day that they should paint murals on them, and that might encourage people to walk more?! Don't you agree?!

So... I went back out yesterday for one more pic op in the garden before the sun went away...... This time I tried to set up a 'Pumpkin Patch' picture. Oh- and you asked yesterday where the bench came from- I have no clue, lol... People give me things? I dunno why? lol- I'm not complaining, I like the things they give me... but I'm not sure where it originally came from. It goes in the garden- it's not 1/12 scale..... More like a giant barbie scale, but it works.... And I like the finish on it, too:)


We also had a visitor yesterday.... I tried to get her more involved in the pictures, but she was a very uncooperative ladybug! lol ...... and now that I'm seeing my kitty planter in the back- I'm thinking he needs a couple coats of pink paint- doesn't he look like the Cheshire Cat from this angle?



And before I go..... I just gotta bitch about this new medicine I'm on..... The doc has me on this med to try and regrow those missing nerves.... It's a long shot, and I know that, but it's a chance that I'm willing to take at this point. I've been 'sick' for a long time, and Damn it, I'm ready to move again! I know in the back of my head that there's very little chance this will work, but I have Hope... so we will see.... And I'm not giving up until it's over, so there.....


OK.... So, I'm up the 3rd dose of it, and the symptoms are very apparent! My appetite is Gone. All the weight I worked so hard to gain will soon be gone. My toes and fingers now tingle for no reason. Kinda like when they go to sleep cause your sitting on them wrong- but I'm not even sitting on them kinda thing. I'm waking up soaked every morning because my body is Not maintain it's body temp during sleep. I've taken my temp during the day and it's around 97. I get hot- sweaty, icky, I'm going to throw up hot- then so cold my teeth chatter and my bones hurt cold- It's ridiculous! My IBS is driving me nuts, I wake up in the middle of the night throwing up and find myself sleeping in the tub to get a break. Oh... and I'm forgetting things. Forgetting to mail things, forgetting to do things that I do everyday, asking the kids questions twice and not remembering it. I feel like I'm losing my mind some times.... But I'm rolling with it. Mostly, lol. In 2 weeks, I'll up the dose again..... if I can make it that far. I'm suppose to be on this for at least 6 months before we will know anything. You know sometimes in life, you just got to deal with the bs to get to the light at the end of the tunnel... one day at a time, and one foot in front of the other.... Well..... today's just one of those days where I think I'm just going back to bed, lol.


Until Next Time...

9 comments:

Caseymini said...

Katie, I hope it was a nice day for a walk! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the medicine works for you. Six months? Are the symptoms going to go away or will they be there the whole time? That doesn't sound like fun! Feel free to complain any time. We will listen.

Kim said...

oh Katie--I hope every second of the crap that goes along with the medicine is worth it and it works. I love your new pumpkins- so cute! Hang in there sweetie- sending you hugs ♥

dalesdreams said...

My goodness, I did the same thing, was rushing to get orders to the post and hubby told me it was closed. And, I knew it was a holiday! grrr....

I hope this new medicine works, sounds like a long time to see if it works.

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

My heart goes out to you and your family coping with your medication regime. I really pray it will work for you, stay positive.

A. Wright said...

Sending you lots of hugs and wishes that this stuff is worth all the hassle.

Ana Anselmo said...

Katie, I am sending lots of hugs!!!!!!! I hope you feel better soon and the medicine you are taking works.

Judith said...

My thoughts are with you Katie. I really hope that medicine is worth it in the long run and that it works for you. Take care. Judith x

Jollie said...

They are soooooo cute Katie!! I just love these little critter families ;-)
Thanks for sharing your story.

Hugs Jollie

Unknown said...

I hope the side affects all wear off soon. I really like the little pumpkins and posing with the little Sylvanians is adorable!