Thursday, August 11, 2011

Watch out Otis! I'm getting smarter than you!

Yesterday.... A box of supplies arrived from HBS. Of course most of them are supplies for more birdhouses.... But I did order a few things for myself. A tub of wax and some blu-tac:) Naturally I got side tracked and started tacking things down in Marshmallow Manor. So I thought I'd show you what I've done. I finally tacked the stuff on the back of the counter down. The pumpkins came from Nikki's shop... and everything else I've added. Most of the things came with a Calico Critters sets, and I've repainted them and added strawberry nail stickers. The tiny pitcher on the end, and all the veggies I made some time ago.

I do believe the cake came from the Dollhouse Shop here in Ghent.

I stacked up the stools that go with the table to give Grandma and Grandpa more room to walk around. On the top of that is a bright red flower pot filled with apples.

I also spent some time upstairs. Everything has been tacked down.... including the carpets. I rubbed a little wax all the way around it to get all of it to stay down and it worked perfectly! I even found another tree stump to use as a foot stool.

Then this morning.... while I was cleaning.... I came across a jar of buttons and remembered I needed some candle holders for my yellow candles.

I still have tons of little things to make to go here and there.... But I like this part! I don't worry myself about it.... Those pieces will come with time.... You know... when you're out somewhere and you find that perfect piece for a house....

...now to see what I can 'glue' down next.....
until next time...

10 comments:

Caseymini said...

Katie, you will never win with Otis! He will probably develope a taste for blue tac and wax.LOL Smart cat. The cottage is looking really cute!

rosanna said...

Katie, I LOVE yourhouse, it's so merry and fun. Have a nice day, Rosanna

Lucille said...

Katie, this is such a darling house! And, your little family of rabbits has stolen my heart. Such endearing little critters!

Kim said...

oh poor Otis- how can you take away all his fun? I love the little footstool- sooo cute- but the entire house is adorable. Have a good weekend Katie ♥

Cinderella Moments said...

That is so cute! I have a cat who is very mischievous. But somehow she knows to stay away from the dollhouses.
The house is looking so adorable. And I love that little house pillow too!
hugs,
Caroline

Kathi said...

Your little house looks so cute! I need to start tacking things down too. Love your little critters. :D

Mary said...

It's all so cute, so many adorable details. I love the strawberry canisters.

Plushpussycat said...

Blu-tac is great, eh? Now what will your poor kitty amuse himself with?! ;-) Your little critter cottage is adorable--so fun!
Jennifer

Ana Anselmo said...

I just love this cottage, it is so sweet!!!!! my little crickers are still so homeless...LOL
hugs
Ana

Audra said...

Nail stickers! What a great idea!! I will have to look at some next time I am out