Thursday, November 10, 2011

Those new birdhouses...

While walking through the mall the other day I came across these nail stickers and just knew they need to be made into some birdhouses....

Then yesterday I went back and bought another pack because if you look close there is only one single Jack sticker....and well.... I wanted one to sell and one to keep! Cora's going to need one of these in her Gothic room! To date, these are the most expensive nail stickers I have bought! But totally worth it.....

...and here's some of the birdhouses I've been working on. Each house was hand cut out of Basswood, and no two are the same. I measure each one as I go, so they are not totally perfect... But to me, that's what gives them their charm.... Then the real work begins. They get painted.... crackled, sanded, painted again, ...etc, etc.... and then some where in between all that...

...a nail sticker gets added......

...and then......

...you'll have to wait.....lol

Until Next Time.......

10 comments:

Audra said...

I love them!

Heather said...

These are great nail stickers! I only ever find really generic ones. Can't wait to see more.

Ana Anselmo said...

oh! Katie, they are so cute!!!!

The Old Maid said...

Great idea, Katie! Your birdhouses are special because no two are the same. That's their charm:)

Minimami said...

Love them all! Spooky!

Fabiola said...

Original!
Bye Faby

Mags Cassidy said...

They look fabulous, love 'em...

Ara said...

cute!!!! how great are these!?? can't wait to see more!

Lady Jane said...

lots of fun here. Hurry!!! lol... Cheers, LJ

Carolyn said...

Those are so cute, Katie!!! Never heard of nail stickers - they look awfully cute. I love my little birdhouses that you made - keep up the good work!