Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Memory made Mini

Thought I'd show you proof that I have been working over here....lol

So...When I was a little girl, My Mom used to put this really cute Christmas set up on our bar. She took this big oval mirror, put a stuffed (a teddy bear) penguin on one side...and a stuffed snow man on the other. Then she'd put this fake snow stuff around the out side of the mirror....it looked like the 2 stuffed animals were standing on ice! It was one of those things that she put out every year! .........so, the other night I was sitting here and the idea came to me.......Why not make one in mini???

I CAN'T wait to show Mom this!! She's gonna love it! And I'll take more pics when I get it put in Cora's house.........

I love the reflections on the glass!! I used something called SNOW-TEX (by Deco-Art) to do the snow......not to sure where it came from, I've had it in my stash for years!


I've also been making more minis.....some more penguins (sorry the pic is blurry...but I thought it was funny, makes their eyes look like they're moving. LOL)


...made some blue Santas....

.....and made some more Mrs. Claus. The one on the far left is the first one that died in the toaster oven.....and the one on the far right got ate by her hat! Hahaha I'm still not really happy with them....the white is too pink, Gotta remember to wash my hands in between colors!! And their hats seems to be a little Strawberry Cake'ish.......Any suggestions welcome:)

I've also started working on the curtains in Cora's house. I made these outta polymer clay, and then painted it white.

And here is where those are going. It's what I'm going to use to attach the curtains to the wall.....Just have to find some hairspray first, hehe.


Thought I'd leave you with a kitty pic before I go........

Caught Otis and Rufus 'telling stories' again:)

So.....until next Time....

6 comments:

Ara said...

The set-up on the mirror is too cute!! Let us know what your mom says! And I think the Mrs. Claus with the huge hat is my fav! So cute! hugs, ara

Lize said...

Beautiful scene around the frozen pond. `your mom will be very pleased! You have been very busy. Those santas and penguins are very cute!

CA Verstraete said...

those mirrors are too cute! you should do some winter ones (snowman, penguin and ?) (and santa and mrs. for next year. - or christmas in July?) Put them on etsy! they're great! You're doing them anyway right? :>)

Kim said...

I love the hats on the Mrs. Claus figures! It's exactly how I would imagine her:) I love the blue santas too- so cute! Is the scene on the mirror mini too? So sweet- like the penguin and Santa just finished creating the snowman and are bringing him to life :)

MiniKat said...

Great minis! Love the snow scene!

How about more white on the Mrs. Claus hats? They will look more like Santa hats and less like Strawberry Shortcake hats (I agree with you on that, btw)

Great curtain rod!

LOL my verification word is "polying" ;-)

Tallulah Belle said...

Too cite...you will be well stocked for next year :-)

We used to display little figures on mirrors too. And even my wedding cake was 2 swans on a frozen lake....i.e mirror :-)