Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a quick update on life....

I'm still here Ana! Just overwhelmed with Cats!!!
(Here's a pic of Fred sleeping with Otis' tail.....kinda like a security blanket!)

We have recently discovered Otis has bad knees.....so he is now on an anti-inflammatory and diet food. He actually likes the food so it makes it easier to feed him. But he's not to impressed with the liquid meds....He tries to bite the syringe, and I use the opportunity to squirt the 'honey' tasting meds in, lol...It was the vet that said it tasted like honey....and I'm not sure Otis agrees......He does seem to be doing better, and is getting more active~ Which ya'll know can be a scary thought in itself, lol.

Then Rufus showed up with a bloody ear this past week. Looks like he got into a fight with a dog or something. I tried to clean it up, but realized it was more than I could handle, so I called animal control to come get him. They told me, if no one else claims in 5 days, I should be able to adopt him.....Keeps your fingers crossed for us!! We really want to keep Rufus around!

Then Tuesday I took Bella, the female from the first litter in to be fixed/ spayed. And Saturday I had to take her to the vets because she had licked out some of her stitches. Nice! I can't blame it on anyone but myself.......I should of put the e-collar on her before I put her in her crate! The vets had to clean out her incision, and staple it back together. So.....I've been chasing her around trying to make sure she takes it easy. She's absolutely miserable, and I can't help but feel bad for her. I take her back to the vets tomorrow so they can check her incision......so far, I think it's looking better, but I'm no vet, so go figure.

I do however have some Amazing news to share with you.....Remember Ginger!! I got an email a few weeks ago from the girl at Pet Smart saying she had Ginger! She renamed her Holly~ "To represent the holiday season that she was saved in"!! And I must say Holly has settled right in with her name family! Her new Mommy sent me pics, and as soon as I save them I will share them with you! She's gotten so big, and she's still absolutely beautiful!!!

Fred's still here....the bf will Not let me part with him!! Seems everyone around here has fallen in love with him! He's just so cute, and a little bit of a dummy. But, it's all good....he keeps us laughing.


I still have the 2 boys from the first litter, too.
(This is Sphinx hanging out of the cat tree)
They are about 9 months old and are looking for a 'forever' home, not that I really want to part with them, I just need to. Hopefully this coming week, I can find a solution for Momma cat and her 4 kittens that are still outside. I just can't take any more in the house.......... I'm getting a little overwhelmed over here with the vet bills and playing nurse maid to everyone......But I'm still here.

Haven't been working on any projects lately.....but have been thinking a lot of painting! I miss painting......but haven't had the perfect image pop into my head yet.....I'm feeling it, I just can't see it yet.

And....as far as the docs go.....I still don't have any definite answers to give anyone....cause I'm still waiting on them myself. My thyroid blood test came back normal, but my ultrasound didn't . Pretty scary, and I've been trying to not think about it......at least with the cats, I feel like I'm moving forward. I have to wait on some paperwork to go through before the doc will call and set up the next appointment. So......as the saying goes, Time will tell.

So, ya. I've been quiet...didn't really have anything exciting to share with ya'll...and I haven't done anything mini but hang curtains in Cora's nursery.....which turned out really cute, btw!
Hopefully when things calm done around here, I can get back on track with some things.

So....Until Next Time....

8 comments:

MiniKat said...

Hang in there! I'm glad Holly has found a forever home. Here's hoping Mama Cat and her four new babies can have happy endings too. :-)

Caseymini said...

Katie, I think about you all the time and I wondered what was happening. I understand about the cats and how you are torn about keeping them. Our two are a handful. I can just imagine what you are going through with your tribe. I am glad that Ginger/Holly got a good home. Can't wait to see photos. I hope you hear something about your tests soon!

Mini and Kitty hugs, from me and mine to you and yours.

Casey

De said...

Hang in there, Katie. I'm praying for you. I had a similar issue - abnormal ultrasound followed by abnormal biopsy on my thyroid. That was followed by surgery to remove half of my thyroid - BUT the good news is that there was no cancer. Think positive thoughts and I'll do the same. :-)

Sans! said...

Good to hear that you are well, Katie! I too have been wondering. Looks like bf got his way :). Was wondering whether Holly re-united with her bro. But cats get over these things real quick :)

Ana Anselmo said...

Thanks Katie for the news, i was really worried about you.
Love from PortugalAna

Elsa said...

We have 11 cats. Maybe I should leave it at that. But even if I go on, I think that when I start with, we have 11 cats, you will recognize that this is another cat lover. 11 - such an accident. I remember when there were none, and then 2, and then 3.

Timothy Cat - number 10, joined this summer after a long campaign to get in.

Then there is the newest, TiNoir - we took care of finding homes for the neighbor's kittens. 6 kittens. We found homes for 5. We chose to keep TiNoir.

Anyway, here's a poem about Timothy Cat. I think you would like it:

http://www.elsas-word-story-image-idea-music-emporium.com/cat-poems.html

Kim said...

Poor Otis- that will be me soon too if I don't shed a couple of pounds. I think it is wonderful that you help all these kitties Katie- you are an angel. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as far as the doctor goes- I hope you find a new doc and some good news soon. I am glad you posted- I was wondering if you were ok too.

Angelus said...

I love your cat stories, and I hope they are all in good health, and you too. Your minis are so sweet. I love seeing what you're up to. I haven't done minis for years, but sometimes make tiny figures. It's nice to see the progress of Cora's house. I lurk, but seldom comment. Love your blog.