Thursday, September 2, 2010

Got carried away with the Tiles....

I've been busy! Or should I say productive?? Either way.....I'm learning as I go and that's whats really important! I've been making Polymer clay tiles.......this is what I have so far......Not too sure what I'm going to do with them yet.....but they'd be cute for a wall in minis or could be used in real size craft projects...... They can be grouted just like regular tiles. You can cut them down, too.

1. Black, white, gray and translucent clay chopped up and pressed down.
2. Tiles made to look like stone......Gray
4. Left over Pineapple cane....chopped up and pressed down....
3. (Yes, I know these are backwards!) 3.....left overs from #4.
5. Landscape cane, chopped up and pressed down.
6. Copper, brown and black clay, chopped and pressed
7. Black and reds.....chopped and pressed
8. Copper........chopped and pressed
9. Translucent and white cane.....sliced, rolled and slightly burned. lol
1,8,and 9 are my favorites:)

Like I said......I've been busy.......
....oh, just in case you're wondering.......they're mostly 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. All handcut.

8 comments:

Caseymini said...

Katie, the copper ones almost look like cork flooring. I like them all. The last one is very interesting, but can you burn more to the same color?lol

Sans! said...

They are really nice. The black and white ones look like marble.

Ana Anselmo said...

wow!!!! I also prefer the 1,8 and 9, but they are all fabulous. I understand how easy we can carried away doing those tiles LOL
hugs
Ana

Ara said...

Katie, they look awesome. I think 9 is my favorite!! But its amazing those ones you got to look like stone! To cool!

Ascension said...

Te han quedado geniales!!!
A mi me encantan la 1 y la 2.
Feliz fin de semana.
besitos ascension

CA Verstraete said...

busy? holy cow, you have enough for many projects! haa! (I think I like the last one; like the pattern.)

Kim said...

I like them all but I LOVE #9 :)

clay tiles said...

Love to see these tiles.Great inspiration!!Thanks for sharing!