Saturday, August 31, 2013

Needs more grey??

I've been painting the tree bark for the past couple of nights.. I started with brown..

Then I drybrushed on gray..

And then.. I drybrushed on green..
I kinda miss the gray... I might go back and add some more.. It needs high lights:) 

It does look good outside too.. However this is the time of year when everything is drying up and dying- at least in my garden. I'm thinking I need to find a big field with buttercups:)
And NO! It's not done. I still have to age the door, add its hardware.. Get rid of the new white spots around the door- and the blue tape that got stuck.. And then the mossin can begin!! But for now.. I've got to take a break to get ready for the Big Reveal on Labor Day! Wait till you see the pictures Dane has taken!! Amazing!! I can't wait for everyone to see what we've been working on:)

7 comments:

Jennybee said...

I just love your tree stump house!! Everything is coming along beautifully.

Jennybee said...

I just love your tree stump house!! Everything is coming along beautifully.

Tatiana said...

Какая прелесть! Как мне нравится домик для мышек!
Татьяна

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

This is just so damned awesome! It's been brilliant watching it grow!!

Deni said...

OH MY Goodness! that is facinating I love it!!!

De said...

This is one of my favorite of your projects, Katie. Can't wait to see it finished!

Sans! said...

I agree with everyone. And I will also vote this one of my favourite tree houses.