Friday, October 17, 2008

It's all about the beads....

Thought I'd show you you the extremely long process of my favorite beads. I'm using Fimo Translucent polymer clay and Adironack Alcohol inks. I take a block of clay, and divide it into sections. Then I add the ink.....the first section of clay gets 2 drops of ink, the second section of clay gets 4 drops, and so on, until you have color in all the sections. Then I roll out each color into a slab. I put them, in order from lightest to darkest, and then paint each of them with acrylic paint. I used a lime green paint in these. (Don't paint the lightest shade~the top color....I make this mistake every time! And if you accidentally do, you can just flip the slab over.) Once the paint dries, I use my little circle cutter to cut out the circles you see on the left of the picture.
Then you stack the colors from lightest to darkest. After you have your little stacks made, start to roll them into a bead......
And of course I don't have a picture of what the green beads look like.......that be too easy, huh! But I do have a picture of a bracelet I made using the scraps that were left over. Although I like the color....I wanted to make it where you could actually see the different colors..........
Like these! Perfect! I'm so freaking happy with the blue ones, it's scary! They remind me of marbles...Oh, I can't wait to make a bracelet with these....won't it be fabulous?? LOL
Otis says Hello.....he's busy napping again.........Isn't he the cutest~ I love it when they sleep with their tongues hanging out!

1 comment:

Ana Anselmo said...

hi! Katie, have a nice week-end!
give a hug to Otis from me , and if you have time take a look to my portuguese blog and let me know what you think about the bed I made, all made by myself just from scratch, and in wood with "flowers inserts"
Ana