Saturday, August 8, 2009

Been on a roll today....

And got a little more done on Cora's 'Gothic' Room. I painted the base to the bed black....this will eventually have some black ruffles around the bottom, and maybe some fancy black trim? I was able to rummage up some carpet padding and made a mattress. Then, I put the 'fitted' sheet on the bed, but until I find a piece of material I like, I mean Cora likes, I can't finish making the bed. I can make those skeleton pillows, but I have to sew them by hand....and I hate doing that, it's sooooo boring!! So for now...this is what the bed will look like.

I also painted the chest today.......Looks good in here, huh!
I painted it black......stamped some gold images onto it.....
....painted the inside 'wild iris'...and then put a coat of varnish on it. I also remembered to take the hardware off before I started painted, so I also had to put that back on...
This will be the perfect place for this 'Gothic teen' to store all her treasures!! Wonder what we can make to go in here?

7 comments:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Wow! That all looks so good! Love that little chest.
Mercedes

Eva said...

For mi to sew is also boring,boring,boring......I am not so good sewing...
Cora's Gothic Room looks wonderful...love the stone and love the chest...
i can wait to see it finished!

Debbie said...

You've been busy Katie. What a good idea using stamps on the furniture. x

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

It looks wonderful, I love the chest! Hope Cora is happy with it all, have you enjoyed doing asomething so different to your other projects?, Kate xx

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

It's looking fantastic amd love the head board. Its really beautiful and so clever!

Jo Raines said...

Wonderful! The stamps on the chest are the perfect touch and that wild iris paint is divine! Great work!

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Katie, thank you for reading my blog! I just edited my blog post and lost your comment somehow :( Please go to http://mizmaryminis.blogspot.com/2009/08/many-thanks-and-contest.html
and type it in again. Sorry for the inconvenience, Katie!

Mini hugs,
Mary