Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Well.....I finally had a good idea!!! Kim from http://flowerkim.blogspot.com/ had sent me this gourd over the summer, and I have had it tucked away for that 'special' project! Then it came to me.....It's the perfect size and shape for one of those adobe fireplaces (it's actually called an out-door chimney....according to Dad) I have it propped up on a mushroom chair I made from a beer cap and the cap off a cigar tube......................however, I won't be using that.....


Not to sure if I want a metal base like these that you can find here:
http://www.thepotplace.co.uk/chimeneas.htm



Or do I want it to have feet like this? (forgot where I got this from) ......I'm thinking if I want it to look natural, I'm going to need either acorn caps or twigs as a base.......

....I'll have to think on this one.....

Thought I'd throw in a picture of Fred....He's still looking for a good home.....and it's almost impossible to photograph him........Him doesn't sit still....lol.....

But, my camera is smarter than him, and happened to catch this one as he was leaning back:) He's soooo cute!! Still haven't called about Ginger, don't know what else to say other than I don't want to hear bad news right now, ya know......



And before I go....I just wanted to tell Everyone Happy Thanksgiving!!! Here's a pic of Otis when he was still a little guy, trying to steal a wing off our Thanksgiving Bird!! Yes! He's always been naughty!!


So here's to hoping you have a safe, wonderful weekend! Don't eat too much! And hide your pumpkin pie from people like me:)

2 comments:

kathi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Love your kitty photos! Especially the one with Otis and the turkey!
I've been wanting an "outdoor fireplace" like these for my dollhouse patio deck. I found an insense burner that looked like it might work but the ad didn't post the size so I didn't get it. Will you be making this yourself?? Do tell how you do it! :)
Hugs,
Kathi

Sans! said...

Katie, I really like the red of the house. The outdoor chimney is just like the ones we use for religious purposes at Chinese temples. It's used to burn paper offerings. I wonder what you guys use it for? Perhaps to brew tea? Or cook stew? Or pizza?