Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Coffin

Over the past few weeks, in between everything else...
I have been able to get a few projects done for myself. Hopefully over the next week or so I can get them posted so you can see:)

We will start with my tiny coffin first:)
OK.... So I have this idea in my head for a fireplace mantle. (I have the fireplace- it came out of Cora's first house- but it still needs a mantle) Anyways...
I have this vision for a white/creamy Halloween.
I want to use one of my linen colored Halloween signs above the fireplace... along with some of my crackled pumpkins..
But I needed/need something small to fill in the gaps.
 So.... the other night.......I took out my scrap pieces of wood and built a coffin:)
 I used scrapbook paper for the inside.... and a nail sticker on the front.
 And it has a paper hinge so it can open and close.
I just love it when a good idea works out:)

Until Next Time...

7 comments:

A. Wright said...

Very cool, it turned out great!

Michael Robbins said...

Katie! These would look superb as fancy wand boxes too :D
Love it :)

Fabiola said...

It's a perfect work...
Bye Faby

Lucille said...

The coffin is so very well made. You always make it sound so easy but it is a lot of work. I just love it. I hope you're coping well health wise. Take care!

Nicole said...

The coffin turned out great, Katie. I like it very much and can't wait to see your next projects :)

Maria said...

Very well made, i love it.
Hugs
Maria

Unknown said...

Made me want to do one too,great job!