Friday, December 12, 2008

Go Away Mr. Grinch.........

I got the solid color wheels glued in yesterday.....but that's about as far as I got with the Skateshop. Don't worry, I'm still thinking about it, I'm just not in the mood to paint all those trucks (the things the hold the wheels onto the skateboard). I have a lot of them to paint, and well.....I just wasn't feeling it. So, I figured I'd make a tree for the back corner in the shop. I've never actually made a plant before so we shall see how this turns out. I used painters tape, because that's what I had on hand, and taped them onto a piece of floral wire. Shhs....I think I got about 10 leaves made, and I was over it!! Hahaha.....and I only have about 20 more to make. I figured I would paint them when I get them all made..........I only hope it ends up looking like the vision I have in my head! I had to run to Michael's yesterday for that green spray paint.....and while I was wondering around, I came across this:
~A bag of Christmas Buttons!!! Do you see it? 3 Christmas Cookie Cutters.......they may be a little big for the dollhouse, But, I'll run with it! Who wouldn't want an over sized gingerbread cookie anyways?? OK...someone please send the Christmas bug over here and Order it to bite me! I'm just not feeling it this year.....I still haven't put up a tree........haven't done a single Christmas craft.....I, do have my Christmas cards 1/2 finished........and I'm starting to want to make cookies....2 weeks away, and I'm feeling like the Grinch!! Help!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the buttons Katie..
I'm normally so organized for Christmas, but this year, its all catching up with me.. Still not got the tree up..

Anonymous said...

I saw a guest on Martha make miniature sugar cookies with paper punches shaped like tiny gingerbread men and snow flakes. The ideas were cool! You might want to check them out. The video was either on her site or on youtube, but it is worth watching! It may give you some ideas for your cookies.