Friday, February 25, 2011

More work on the Treehouse

So..... If you're just now joining us...skip down to the next blog entry where you can find the first pic and a little bit about what I did....

After the newspaper came the plaster....and it was even messier than the gunk mixture! But, I'll be darn if it didn't work perfectly for what I needed. And it's so easy....Just cut out strips, dunk them in warm water and wrap. I let them sit in the water for a minute to get a little gooey.

I hate to take a step back every now and then to decide where I wanted this trunk to run....
I added some big wads at the top to make some knot holes in the tree.

And then added more plaster
And then more plaster! This stuff dries so hard! I've caught one of the cats sitting on it, and it didn't make a dent anywhere:)
Don't mind the blue ink around the bottom, it's just the marker I used bleeding through...
Oh.... And plaster is messy! Very messy....I don't suggest doing it in the middle of your living room, on your beautiful coffee table like I did....Not that it didn't come of...it was just a real pain to get it off!! Oh, and go ahead and put kitty away! At some point they are going to try and drink out of your water bowl, or they're gonna rub up against your house and get a nice coat of plaster on them....Which is even harder to get off then it was the coffee table....My suggestion....Go outside:)

And now that the treehouse is coming together, I'm getting really excited!

I do have more pics....Just have to resize them!

SO
Until Next Time!!!
Hugs for everyone:)

5 comments:

Lataina said...

Oh Katie I am soooo excited your back!!! I'm really happy that you didn't lose your pics after all. =D I'm dying to see the new birdhouses. The treehouse is fantastic! =)

Lirael said...

Wow it looks amazing! I can't wait to see how you color it. Are you going to paint or stain or? The tree house excites me :)

Ana Anselmo said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited too!

Kathi said...

What a great project! Can't wait to see more!

Kim said...

It is looking fantastic Katie and good for you for finding a way to create it without having to spend a fortune. I love this little house!