Sunday, September 11, 2011

A little of this and that...

I can't believe I let another week go by without posting! Time just gets away from you sometimes. I can say I have been able to get a ton of 'work' done..... and a whole lot of sleep! I think my body has just been catching up from the summer. I thought I was going to be able to take pictures of birdhouses today, but the sun isn't out.... so I'll show you a few of my recent purchases.

So... ok... I finally learned how to use Ebay and man... it is Way to easy! lol..... I did let myself purchase a few things.... and then I told myself that the only things I could buy were things I need for 'work' so we will see how long that lasts, lol.

ok... So this is what Re-ment looks like. I've seen it on other blogs... and I've always wanted some for myself. I guess you could say I have a love of plastic, lol. I did my homework though... I didn't just jump on and start buying.... After I looked around this was the set I decided on. Now I know they're a little big for 1:12 scale.... But I just couldn't resist this set! It will go in Marshmallow Manor one day.... which I know is going to be way off scale, but who's to say that Grandma doesn't have Big cooking pots in her stash... I know mine did!

The measuring cups have got to be my favorite..... The Ladybugs... that stack inside each other! So freakin' cute!

Next was an auction.... My first auction! And I got it for a really good price:) Bet you can't guess why I bought it?

Yup! For the mini houses...... think I may have to repaint these:)

This next item I bought at the thrift store. I was in the game section, looking for chess pieces when I saw this game out of the corner of my eye!

Those crowns on the front are what drew me in.... and when I flipped the box over and saw the game pieces I knew I had to have it.... for $1.98! What a steal!

It also comes with these little castles, but I didn't see castles with my mini eyes, I saw them flipped over as 1/2 scale flower planters, lol..... OMG, am I ruined or what?

And this was a purchase from Etsy! I feel in love with this piece as soon as I saw it. It's a little small, but I think I may be able to make it work, and if not, it would work in a setting for one of my Calico Critters..... I LOVE LOVE all the drawers. I can Not wait to sand it down and muck it up:)

I will have some of those doorknob birdhouses in Etsy this week... they are finished, sealed and everything.... just have to get them photographed and listed! And I have a whole mess of other projects waiting to be finished....

until next time.....

8 comments:

Ana Anselmo said...

Katie, I also love Re-ment things, but I never bought anything...yours are really cute!!!

dalesdreams said...

So many goodies!

I have to agree with you, the Rement does have a certain charm appeal about it. :)

I never thought about looking at game pieces, so cool! :)

Jollie said...

Ohhh these Re-ment things are a real adiction I know, I recently bought some of it too! LOL!!
You have found some great things Katie. Have fun with them :-)

Hugs Jollie

Lataina said...

Well it certainly sounds like you've been busy....lol. I love all the cubby holes and drawers that last piece has. =)

Audra said...

What is rement? I have seen that before, but just overlooked the items.

You have some great finds!

Plushpussycat said...

What cute finds, Katie! Sometimes I just get in the mood, and I buy a few things--it's so much fun, isn't it?! :-)

by Sonya said...

Wow!What beautiful minis!I have the re-ment set too!Adorable!
What beautiful crown set!I saw one in england some years ago but it was very expencive!
Very cheap price you found it!
Enjoy!
Love
Sonya

Mary said...

I like all of your new minis, but I love the Re-ment set. You made a very good choice.