Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Slow projects make me shop

I need a rug for the pink room, but have been unable to find anything I like. So, I have choosen to make my own. Now, I understand why I never really picked up cross-stitching. Chris from Candid Canine sent me a pattern for a dollhouse rug, and I really liked it. But then I had a bright idea that it needed Hawiian flowers instead~ so I am using the border she sent me, and I found a flower pattern online. I won't even tell you how many hours it took me to make that simple little flower......oh my........I will glady pay someone to do the next, but for now I am making myself work on this one. I try to do a little each day, and still have only managed to barely finish the border. Ugggg......someone help....... Oh....but shopping I can do. It is instant gratification! I found this little cookie jar on the clearance table at our local shop. I swear she called my name as I walked by. I have no clue where she'll live, but it was one of those things that I had to have.
I bought this table to use in the cafe, but it just didn't look right. Oh darn, guess I have to make a roombox for it?!?! LOLI have seen these in the HBS catalog, but you can't choose what ones YOU want. But, here it was..... a pink one, just for me.....sitting on the shelf. So, there you have it. I haven't gone anywhere, I am just procrastinating. Yup, still have to grout, still gotta figure out my straw roof......and now I have to cross-stitch that freaking rug:)

No comments: