Today, I played some more with the paper clay. First let me tell you a little lesson I have learned about paper clay. It shrinks...just a little bit, but enough to say you should over lap things a little more than you think....I now have gaps in between the bricks and the stones...ugg!! OK...so, today I did the wood work out of paperclay. Easy enough.....laid out a 'board' of clay and scored lines into it to look like wood. I also painted all the bricks off-white. To the right of the picture you can see what will become the front door.I added my first coat of brown to the wood. After seeing how good the boards look, I really wished I have left the bricks brick colored! But, too late for that.
I put the door in the frame so you could get an idea of what it might look like. Who knows what will come of it...I don't know~ lol...I'm just exploring the use of paperclay. So far I like it.
Oh...and BTW, today I used a little tacky glue first, before applying the paperclay to the foamboard.....and it stayed in place a lot better!