Sunday, June 15, 2008

The pack rat in me....

A case of severe boredom last night, helped create this floor. (I'll discuss the crib in a minute.) If you look closely at the bottom picture you will see 2 different size tiles. The 1x1 foot tile is in my hall, in my real house. Being the packrat I am, I saved all the left overs from when we tiled the hall. I call it tile, but it's actually the sticky tiles you can buy at Home Depot. I cut them into 1 1/2 inch squares, and stuck them onto a piece of foam board. Not sure where it will go, but I like how it looks. I do; however, need to find a way to fill the little gaps in between the tiles. I thought about shoving some sand in there, but not sure if I like that idea. Any suggestions??

OK, now the crib. I bought a crib set at A.C.Moore's for Cora new house. When I asked her if it was going to be a girl's room or a boy's room, she decided she wanted a boy's room, but really didn't know if that's what she'd want later. So I suggested we do it in green and yellow, that way she could change her mind later. So, tonight, I ripped off the old material, and glued in the new green material. It does have tiny little blue and pink flowers on it......so it will 'work' either way. Take a closer look, and see the 2 different floors.......pretty neat!

No comments: