Friday, June 13, 2008

Polymer Clay Tiles

Last year, I started to do a haunted house out of polymer clay. Needless to say, my idea got way out of control, and I couldn't find a way to make it smaller......so I put it away. While looking for the door knockers, I came across some tiles I had made. I used polymer clay mixed with black sand and black embossing powder. I then made a slab, and cut out squares of clay. And then used a rubber stamp to make impressions into the tiles. They might look more uniform if you stamp, then cut!?!?!

These next pieces are what I had wanted to use as my front door piece. The door will fit into the arch....do you see the arch in the bottom of each picture? It is only the top of the arch. The tiles from above were going to be used to build columns to surround the front door. I made 2 because I couldn't decide what one I liked better. I think I still like the one with the lady's head. Poor little house, it longs to be built!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea!

Kisses

Sofia

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Can't wait to try out the tile idea!

clay tiles said...

Great interview!Great adventure it sounds like.You can always change your mind,please keep it up