Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lets talk Fabric!

A while back, I finally stopped in at this quilt store in Maryland that I had been wanting to go into, but never did.....Well, I finally made the time and was so Glad I did! Look at what I found!
I thought this was so fun, and so cute.....Of course I look at material now, and see if I could use in in my minis, and this one will be perfect to make a pillow or two. I can use their heads or those flowers/leaves......Isn't it cute? Do you buy material on impulse, too??


Picked up these 2 as well. Thought the strawberry one would make a cute pillow...or even a dress for Grandma Bunny?? The orange one just spoke to me.....I liked the colors...and the circles:)


This next one I could kick myself in the butt for not buying more. I want a black berry pillow, and of course where it was cut, it left me barley one.... But don't you just love the fairies?? I think this one was called Autumn Harvest!


And this one.............Is my Favorite Ever!! It's a bunch of cats tearing apart a sewing room! How perfect is that! Not to sure what I'm going to do with this one........ I like it too much to cut it up:) Bethca I could come up with a cute apron or something??

Thanks to those of you that are still hanging on! I appreciate your comments!!
And....
I promise, I'll have some mini posts coming......... So:
Until Next Time!

10 comments:

Caseymini said...

Of all the fabric, the cat one is my favorite, of course. Katie, could you look at the edge of the fabric and see what company makes that and does it have a title? I want to buy some. Thanks!

CA Verstraete said...

cute! i like fabric too (a box or two full1) hard to resist. The cats would mke cute little cut-out pillows too. (like the bat on my mini bed!) Fun finding fabric that matches your theme...

Katie said...

Casey~ Here's the direct link! Looks like they have others, too:)

http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/whiskers_tails/ALJ-1156-205/

DLSarmywife said...

Impulse buy fabric...you mean you are SUPPOSED to PLAN the fabric you buy first???? Um I just bought several pretty pieces of fabric today On Impulse! LOL

rosanna said...

Incredible fabrics, never seen anything like that. Have fun, Rosanna

Sans! said...

O yes, I am the biggest fabric and textile freak I know :). I have boxes of them for real life use like table covers. Most of my chest has a cloth (usually embroidery by tribal women) over it. I also rescue tables from the dump and then put a table cloth over :).

And now that I have started minis, you can imagine my trunkload worth of mini cloth. I also love the kitty one and I wouldn't cut it either. An apron will be purrrrfect! :)

Ascension said...

Que buena compra, son magnificas!!!
Me encanta las de los gatitos.
besitos ascension

Ana Anselmo said...

I love fabrics, I have several boxes with them...and Katie, just like you I have been wanting to go to a quilt shop here in Lisbon the owner is a friend of mine, but I am afraid to go there...(LOL)
The fabric with the cats is fantastic. Do you know "Tilda" fabrics and materilas, they are just beautiful!

Kathi said...

I just got home from another trip to WalMart and bought MORE fabric! I have drawers and boxes of it already but I still bought more! It really is an addiction! Welcome to the club! LOL
Love all of your choices!

Debbie said...

Fabulous Fabrics Katie. I can just see the bottom one giving inspiration for a mini room..xxx