Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grandpa's attic

Otis'......I mean Cora's new house has found a home amongst the rubble. And see, I haven't forgotten about it, I did manage to start a coat of gesso.......it's really the bottle of gesso's fault that it's not done, you see, it ran out of gesso, lol. And my box arrived!! When I was little I had all these kits in my room. I never tried to put them together, I assumed it would be too hard. But, then one day....I realized that somewhere done the line, I had missed placed them. It has boggled my mind for years one how I could of lost them?!?! But, it turns out that I wasn't crazy, that my Mom had gone in my room, and taken them. She sent them to my Grandfather, in hopes that he would assemble them. LOL....But procrastinating runs in our family, and somehow the box got shifted into their attic. From the looks of it, he did start to build a few pieces, but never finished anything. I am so grateful NOW that my Mother took them........and that I have them back......
Sorry about that sneaky little flash....
There are a lot of kits in here....There's even 2 bed kits.
Do you see the table.....I can't believe how long it is. I had to reattach a few legs, and I still need one, but Grandpa must of assembled the rest. He also put together that little side table to the right. Last night, I even put a kit together. See the box with the chest of drawers....you see the chest next to it? I was very proud of myself.....the drawers even fit!! And not as hard as I had made it out to be. I think it took me less than an hour to make it.
I started to paint the chest of drawers last night.....Just wait till you see the difference!!

1 comment:

Ana Anselmo said...

WOW!!!!!
I would love to have those kits, they are really great. I wonder how are you to finish them?
good work!!!