Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shrooms for my forest friends...

I always see these great little mushrooms tucked away in every one's gardens...So last night I decided to make some of my own. I did the stalks first and baked them. Then I made the tops....and added a dab of glue as I stuck in the baked stalks. Then I baked them again.....and let them cool over night. This morning when I woke up they were ready to get their spots. I stuck them into Styrofoam, figured this was the best way to mass produce them. I used the end of a paint brush to dab on the little dots...then went back and used a toothpick to add some tiny dots.

They turned out pretty good! So, I thought I'd put together a cute pic for you. I'm using a picture from a National Geographic Magazine for a background......adds to the 'forest' theme, don't ya think?? Even pulled out a few more of my friends to show off their cuteness.

These mushrooms look even better up close....

And then while I was digging out the table and stumps (stools) ...I found some of my favorite friends! These guys are so adorable! The definitely get a 10 on the cute scale!!!

5 comments:

rosanna said...

Lovely! best wishes for a Happy Easter.

chris v said...

The animals are cute! Nice mushrooms! I have a bunch to paint yet.

HEY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a great one! (not sure the card will get there in time!)

aniexma said...

Charming!

Anonymous said...

They are adorable and I love those mushrooms. Great job! I didn't know it was your birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - hope you have a great day.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Katie,
Your toadstools turned out really well. When I was little my mum did paintings of toadstools that were fairy houses.
The little bowl of them looks so cute!
Mercedes