Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Update on Cora's house

Yesterday.... I had Big plans for what I wanted to do today..... But I'm still having some health issues and didn't wake up until after 3 this afternoon. And about the only thing I care to do is lie here and watch tv (btw.... we're, the bf and I, are watching What's Eating Gilbert Grape... one of our favorite movies.) ....So to bring myself out of my funk- I thought I'd share with you what I got done Thursday evening.....

If you remember..... Otis had been in here and had made a mess of the whole house. I think I have fixed this problem now.... but he's a smart cat and always finds away around what I've done.... So I've been putting the house back together.... but I've packed up a lot of the accessories until I can 'glue/stick' everything down.

So.... Here's the living room. The couch began as a pink couch and when Cora got her first dollhouse- we painted it black. Then when we built this house we decided to use this material- I'm still pleased with how it came out! The big cabinet on the right is one i had in my dollhouse as a kid... One day it will get filled, lol. Let's see.... I built the coffee table myself and the 'glass' end table in between the 2 chairs is actually an old fauctet knob.

And here's her naked dining room.... One day I'd like to repaint the table and cabinet cause they look horrible in pictures. In person it's not that bright.

In this house..... it's always Christmas, so I did put the tree and presents back in.


Here's one of the few mini paintings I have done..... It hangs in her dining room.


I also put the kitchen back together.... and kept everything in it. How would it be a pineapple kitchen with no pineapples? When I was cleaning.... it brought back lots of good memories on how everyone helped me to finish this room! I don't know if I can ever thank All of you enough!


The last room I put back together was the pink room. Otis had broke the bed so I had to glue it back together. One day.... I need to finish this room. I have so much to hang on the walls.... just haven't got around to it yet.


One of my favorite scenes in her house is this bed. I have a tray with nail stuff (cotton balls, nail polish and finger nail fillers) and then up front are a pair of pjs that once was a scrapbook sticker. I folded them up and wrapped a ribbon around them. The white blanket is one that my Mom made for this house.... and that dingy pillow in the back was one of my barbie pillows from when I was a kid. LOL... I really need to wash it, huh!



I'm hoping this summer we can finish this house..... but I'm afraid Cora has lost interest. She'll be 14 next week.... and well.... You know how that works.... Oh well.... I'll keep plugging away at it and one day she'll come back around. Right?


.....until next time...........

5 comments:

Caseymini said...

Cora will come back around, for sure. April did. Now she loves the stuff that I do. Keep plugging along. It will be appreciated....Even more than boys....Someday. It is beautiful.

Sans! said...

I hope you are feeling a better? Get well soon, Katie :)

Love looking at pics of your houses :)

Kathi said...

Someday you're daughter will TREASURE this house. Teenagers have other agendas, but I'm sure that she will grow up to love it!
I really like your pineapple kitchen! I'm still trying to decide what to do with the one in my beach house...
Hope you have a great day!

Kim said...

She will Katie- I am so glad I rediscovered minis as an adult- and she'll have fantastic memories of you both working on this house too. I hope you feel better this week ♥

Plushpussycat said...

Your mini painting is so nice--you are very talented!
Jennifer