Sunday, June 26, 2011

An update on my cabinet

I know... I know.... I'm suppose to be over in Etsy listing those doorknob birdhouses.... But I just couldn't help myself..... Thought you might like to see my updated cabinet....

.... On the top (all the way to the right) is one of the new game pieces I have just acquired... painted white... On the next shelf is 2 of the monopoly houses... And 2 little coffee mugs that Sonya had sent me. I cut out the tiniest K and S from another black sticker... and glued them on the mugs... The plate in the middle on the next shelf down is another one that Sonya had sent... And so is the other one with the K on it on the bottom shelf. I did add a few shells here and there this time..... But I think it needs a few more.

Oh.... and that's a cake column next to the shelf, spray painted with that stone texture stuff.... I then put a big dinner plate on it, and sat one of my doll heads on it.....

And do you see that gap on the top shelf.... I was missing some of my little jugs.... and could not seem to find them this morning. I have since torn up the living room and found them.... but wasn't going back out side to take more pictures. You'd be surprised at how long it actually takes to set something up sometimes!!

Here's a close up of the plates that Sonya sent. They were painted with several layers of gesso, then several layers of white paint. Then I went back and stamped the letter K on one and #3 in the bowl.... but when I went to seal them... the ink smeared! So I had to repaint everything several times........ and then tried to use paint with my stamps, and the prints were horrible.... So I repainted them again.... and this time choose the easy way out and just used stickers. I don't know why I didn't try that to begin with! I just LOVE my new dishes!

And while I'm here I wanted to show you another project I've been working on. I bought these letters a long time ago at the craft store.... but could never figure out how to attach them to the house..... So I came up with this.

I'm thinking it needs a little more age.... and some green mossy stuff and then maybe I'll be happy with it?! One day it may even get put on the house, lol....

Well..... OK..... I'm off to Etsy.....

Until Next Time!

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous, Katie! I love the sign!

Sans! said...

I think the sign is perfect as is. And you must put it on a house soon. It is too good to be chucked into a box or a corner.Your cabinet display turned out real well too.

Last night I was taking pictures of your birdhouse . Loving it more each day :)

Lataina said...

Katie, the sign is fabulous! =)

Teresa Martínez- IGMA artisan said...

Me encanta!

Amie said...

very cute little things love the horse he is very sweet!

Julia said...

Lovely! Very nicely done! :D New follower. Have a great day!
Julie

Maria said...

Gorgious, i love all the white things and i love how you painted the cabinet.
hugs
Marion

Judith said...

The cabinet looks wonderful Katie. I love it all dressed with white items. The sign looks just fine to me but hey, what do I know? Judith x

Plushpussycat said...

I love your shabby chic cabinet, and the cake column idea is fabulous! Thanks!
Jennifer