Thursday, September 4, 2008

A pink one...

All it takes is one good cake show on HGTV and my muse is back. I was watching a surprise engagement cake contest and there was a pink and black cake that I fell in love with. Well, I fell in love with the colors to be exact.........I figured if I made 2, I could keep one and sell the other......but nothing ever works out the way I plan it.....so this is what happened.

The first cake ended up with too many balls..... Then when I made the little balls for the second cake, I started having issues with my toaster oven. The 2nd set, I made both pink and black balls to cook at the same time, and the pink came out just as black as the black.....then I made a bunch of just pink~ and those came out black!?! The third set decided it wanted to cooperate.....and I was finally able to cook pink balls that came out pink! I do like this cake much better than the first one......but this one too can be improved.

Well, back to the couch.....let's see what I can come up with today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are clay? They're really cute. Another source of inspiration for me is the bath accessories aisle at Target. There are so many cute figures there.

CA Verstraete said...

OOh love the colors! Actually I like both of them! I saw a room all black and pink, pretty cool looking. I'll send you the link if I find it again.