Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some eye-candy for you...

I know, I know...I'm getting pretty bad about not blogging everyday.....my excuse this week, is that I think I've caught that cold my daughter had last week......at least I hope it's just a cold?! Needless to say, I haven't got much accomplished around here other than napping. So, I thought I'd drop off some pictures to keep you coming back!

First we have 2 of my favorite kinds of beads. The one on the left was made with Sculpy, and the one on the right was made with Fimo. I love both of them! One has a more natural finish and the other looks like I actually sanded it down. I have made lots of bracelets with these beads, and have more tucked away for a rainy day. These 'charms' were made from the scraps from some of those earthy beads......couldn't tell you how I made them, but I like them, lol. I do that a lot...have "Happy Little accidents!".....wasn't that Bob Ross that said that? I sure do miss watching his shows!! Here's 2 more of my favorites....the brown one was made to match one of my favorite shirts. I just took my colors from the shirt and than fed the clay into the clay extruder, and Ta-da! A pretty flower! The clay extruder is a tough little sucker....helps to have someone around with a little bit of arm power! The yellow flower was made with a piece of mokume gane.....did I spell that right?? Oh well....hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Here's another one of those "Happy Little Accidents"........again, don't ask how I did it, I have no clue...looks like it might of been the end of a cane that got turned into a bead, then flattened out. I sanded it down, and shinned it up.....one day I want to get it wrapped in silver so I can wear it on a necklace. Reminds me of a flower......And here's a leaf cane that turned out pretty good. I cooked a piece of it, so I could go back one day and figure out how I did it! Even added a hole in there......I think it wants to be a dangly earring??I hope you have enjoy this eye-candy......I'm heading back to bed! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: