Saturday, February 14, 2009

Katie's Corner Gets a Roof!!

I know, I know......I'm suppose to be painting a castle...........Haha......Well, I got side tracked.......and I'll blame it on Casey. Every time she does a roof, I tell myself I need to do mine. One, I've been waiting for it to warm up a little...and 2, well, I'm just a procrastinator! LOL!! I've had everything to do it, I was just scared of messing it up. But today, I took a chance................and broke out the shingles and stain. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.........I put my shingles in a large zip lock bag, added a little bit of stain, and mixed it up until all the shingles were coated. I dumped them out of the bag onto a cardboard box, and then used some old, brown-paper bags to soak up some of the excess stain. After they dried, I used Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue (Thanks Casey for the tip....the glue works really well for this!) to attach the shingles to the roof. I still need to do the bottom sides, and those corners are making me want to hide, But I'm sure I'll figure it out!!
The color is probally better shown in the first picture.....not too sure the I like the lighter color.....Now that I'm looking at it from a distance I think darker shingles would of looked much better. Maybe I can add a wash to it, give it more of a dark brown look. Whatca think???

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Great work Katie..
By the way like the new background on your blog..
Mini Hugs

Jo Raines said...

Lovely roof. I had DH roof my witch's cottage and he'll probably do Joanna's dollhouse as well (whenever I get around to biulding it!)

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds