Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh...Have I Missed you guys!!!!

Oh MY! I signed into all kinds of fan mail awaiting my return! Thanks for missing me so much! :) Honestly I have missed you guys, too! My computer is working, today anyways, so hopefully, I have fixed the problem and I can get back to blogging! I must admit though, I can't blame my absence entirely on the computer, I'll just say I was on 'vacation'!

First, I have thought long and hard about my blog, and just how personal I was willing to get. I wanted to keep it all about the Art, no pity party needed here! However, to know me is to know the whole story. I have a disability (Dysautonomia) that controls almost all aspects of my life, except for my 'creative ideas'. I have had to learn how to sit still over the years, and art has helped me keep my sanity! This blog has helped me to get out of the bed in the morning and produce something positive! I love the freedom of being able to write when I want, even if it's at 2 am in the morning. I love all the positive feedback I get from you all, All of the motivation that you guys share with each other.....Thanks for being my biggest fans! So, enough of the mushy stuff....lets catch up!!!

Lets see.....I've watched a lot of TV!! I discovered the Create channel, and have not missed an episode of Bob Ross yet...Yes, you can expect to see lots of mini paintings in the next couple of blogs! I've worked on my jewelry, even made my first pair of earrings! I did do a little work in Cora's House....I know Shame on me! I should really have that house done by now! And I won't mention the fact that I haven't done a thing to the skate shop or Katie's Corner.....nor have I started the Star Wars Toy Store yet! Terrible!! Like I said I've been watching a lot of TV and hiding under the covers trying not to freeze! I did get back into physical therapy....so you can't say I've been totally lazy, just veggin'!! But the time has come for me to motivate myself and get back in the loop.

This is my first blog of the new year, so naturally I'm suppose to talk about my goals for the year.........Well, first I gotta get some of this stuff sold around here....I'd like to set up shop in Etsy, but then again.......I'm no sales person, lol.....haven't ever been able to sell my things! I need a rep!!! And the 2nd goal is to get Cora's house done.....and get the Toy Store started!! (And all that stuff in between!) I'm not setting my goals to high, I know I don't have the energy for all that, but I need something positive to focus on, and well this seems to do the trick! So.........Until next time!!!! I'll be back.....with pictures!!! See ya then!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Katie, I'm so glad your back with us. I've really missed you.
Can't wait to see all your new projects. You've been missing loads.
Great big Welcome Back Hugs..

Jo Raines said...

So glad you're back and hope you're managing your condition well. I think I am just Creativity ADHD or something, jumping from one thing to another. I haven't even started Joanna's dollhouse she got for Christmas and am still collecting and working toward two room boxes, have the fairy house out to finish up, and then there are the quilts I am constantly working on at the shop! Glad you're back with us!

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Ana Anselmo said...

hi! Katie
it is so wonderful to read you again
lots of hugs from Portugal
Ana

Caseymini said...

It's about time you were back!!! We missed your smiling face. Welcome home!

Hugs, Casey