Sunday, February 22, 2009

Something for the kitchen....

Just a quick picture to show you what I made today. Nothing too exciting........ yet. That cake platter may become something fantastic by the time I get done painting it. I used polymer clay as the base and a beer cap as the top. It's calling out to be painted some kinda pink, possibly with little white flowers....I dunno yet. The bowl with the spoon inside, is a little big! My daughter's Barbie may end up with another accesory...LOL...she loves it when I mess up! The rest of the spoons will find themselves living in the kitchen of Cora's House.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You've been a busy bee Katie. Love the spoons..

The Carolina Quilter said...

Very nice! Straight spoon handles and cute cake platter!

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

chris v said...

Busy, busy! Great spoons. You know, large coat buttons (and vintage buttons) make great cake platters too! I stack several smaller buttons as a colorful base, glued on. I found some great very big buttons at flea markets. Cheap! and lots of colors.

MiniAlev said...

Very nice work. I love the cake platter's idea.