Friday, April 8, 2011

2 Posts in One!

First! Let me start with my surprise that came in the mail Wednesday! I've been waiting on supplies to come, so when Cora handed me this little box, I was surprised to see that it was from 'Lataina'... One of our blog readers! She doesn't have a blog yet, But I'm working on that;)

Isn't it ALL just beautiful? From right to left..... That's a Mossy K! How smart.... and how Pretty! I Love moss.... then there is this little jug with a bird on a branch- I just love that little image! Next is the cake stand plate! I love the 'crystal' stand it's on! And then there was more moss- Moss Balls!!:) And she made this rusty holder that I decide to put it in! There's another one of those crystals! It all looks Fabulous to me!

And, as if that wasn't enough?! She made this cute little green bag! Perfect for my Beach inspired brain right now:) More on that later.........

You just don't know how surprised I was to receive such a special gift! Thank-You so much Lataina!

I also wanted to drop off some pictures of The Painted Lady... The Glass House... I rearranged some things so you could get a better look of how the shadow boxes would fit into a room....

Do you see how small some of those shells are.... in the bottom left corner, that yellow one is about the same size as the handle on the drawer. They were a pain to glue in. And Yes! Casey I tried tweezers.... I kept plinging the shells right out of its grip! Terrible! So I had use a tooth pick and a Lot of patience! Please excuse that gold bed post behind the turquoise candle... Looks silly in the pic if you ask me!


Also put my London sign in my shop.... One day it will go on the wall, but for now, I thought it was kinda fun it put it here..


And then stepping back... A full shot.... This is the house that will one day be in a fish tank... I need more room, and I want to hang those birdhouses and signs on the wall! And I need a place to put all those cabinets I've recently painted. One day I hope to put some of those kind of pieces in my Etsy shop too....

But not today.....

Today I must 'get to work'! I found a few pieces of molding so I am going to go see what I can make today............ Later, maybe tommorrow I will get to the Giveaway, and maybe a few other ideas I have....
....until next time

8 comments:

Kim said...

what sweet and beautiful presents from Lataina! She is a doll :) I think she needs to start a blog too (hear that Lataina...hint, hint:) ) I love the mossy initial! The Painted Lady is going to be so fabulous when you get it all set up Katie!

Flor de Vita Amaro Zilli said...

Wow It is fantastic. I love the green bag :D

Teruka said...

What a wonderful things!!
where do you get the tiny sea stars? they are lovely1

Lataina said...

It's so nice to know that you like it, Katie! Thank you for your kind words. =) I love everything that is in the Painted Lady and can't wait 'til it's expansion. It's going to be fabulous with all it's many wonderful details. =)

by Sonya said...

Hi Katie,
The Latania's gifts are so beautiful.I love mossy too!Veru special!I think you must open an etsy shop becouse your miniatures are very cute and chic!Thanks for your lovely comments to my posts!You are always Welcome!
Love
Sonya

Sans! said...

Mossy , one of my favourite materials for mini landscaping :). I am glad you show these moss balls. I googled them and finally the name for the ones I want in my tribal house. Tumbleweeds :):). teehee

Your Painted Lady is looking like a very cool place to visit :).

Ana Anselmo said...

Hi! good morning! 3 things:
The Painted Lady is beautiful, the gifts are so, so beautiful and Lataina must have a blog!
hugs
Ana

Kleine Vingers said...

Just stumbled over your blog, it is a delight, so much idees and beautifull pictures!
Just lovely, many mini greetings,
Aurora