Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

It's the little things in life....

I found this at the thrift store a week ago:) It was hiding on a bottom shelf, and if I hadn't of seen the red in it, I might of walked right by it.

But for 99 cents.... I just had to have it! And it's a table- perfect for when I want to lay in bed and craft!

On my Birthday, my bff asked if I wanted to go walk around the thrift store by his house, and I couldn't say no, lol.... I swear when you have No money, You find everything... and when you actually have money, there's never anything good. ((Well I don't know if I should say never... there's always something that can be found:)) Anyways.... the bff found this:


I have a Mickey and a Minnie in the same style from my childhood- mine are 25+ years old..... They are music boxes.... and it still works. So do my Mickey and Minnie ones too. I do realize he is missing a drumstick..... But for $1.25.... it was mine!


The bff also bought me this plate- and if you look under Snow White's foot you will see the wind up key, Cause this one plays 'Hi Ho, Hi Ho... It's off to work we go' :) In case you don't know- I love Anything Disney!!! And I love plates:)


Thanks again bff! You made my Birthday a good day:)

OK...

Until Next Time..

5 comments:

Kim said...

I work on a tray just like that- except mine has clowns on it! Yours is sooo much cuter :) What great finds for your birthday Katie!!!

rosanna said...

Nice buyings ! there is nothing so cheap in Italy, not even in thrift shops :o( but I am afraid that if I came accross the pond that would make everything much more expensive ;o) best wishes again, Rosanna

Sans! said...

I love it when you show your toys. I love vintage toys although I am not a fan of Disney's merchandise. I think the commercialization of Disney princesses had put me off Disney products for a while. :).

I do love their cartoons though and I am sure all these wonderful items you found are collectors' items, if not now, in the near future, Katie.

Mary said...

Nice finds, the luck is in no one else seeing the value first, Mary

Ana Anselmo said...

I love music boxes and this one is so cute!!!!! The tray is also so cute, and very useful, indeed!!! but the best is to receive so sweet gifts from the BF....
love
Ana