Monday, April 4, 2011

I couldn't help it....

I had to paint something pink!
Casey sent me this a little while ago, and although I don't think she thought I'd do this to it, I hope she understands:) I started with brown paint, then painted it white. And after applying a coat of Crackle medium, I painted it a dusty rose color.

One day, this too will go to live in the Painted Lady.... Hopefully this summer I can find a fish tank to put it all in. I want to use a tank, cause If I put a lid on it, the cats can't get in to it:) And I need a long roombox to fit all this stuff I keep making in, lol. And I think a fish tank will work perfectly!

9 comments:

Caseymini said...

Katie, if you have a Walmart close, they usually have 10 gallon fish tanks at a good price. I have done some rooms in them and they work out well. they are easy to wire and Great for ready made display. All you have to add is foamcore walls and floors. Very fast.

Kim said...

I like it- I love that you can see some of the brown. I wish you were closer- I have 2 old fishtanks out in the garage you could have. Maybe you would like to see Minnesota? LOL!

Kathi said...

So cute! Love the pink. Casey sent me one of these too but I haven't done anything with it yet. Shame on me!

Lataina said...

oh so cute!!! =)

dalesdreams said...

Well, I am very partial to pink, so of course I think it looks fabulous! :)

Sans! said...

I have been thinking of using fish tank as well. They solve many problems like dust , visibility etc :)

Piikko said...

The paintings looks great.
I love the colour!
:D piikko

Ana Anselmo said...

Fish tanks are a good idea, and not expensive at all, I love your little pink house.
hugs
Ana

Jollie said...

It looks great!! After purple, pink is my favorite colour ;)

Hugs Jollie