Friday, April 29, 2011

Picture Heavy this time:)

I was finally able to pull myself away from the tv and got some 'work' done. But first let me start with this:

I found it at AC Moore's the other day in the clearance section for $0.50!! I bought 2... One for me and one for one of you. If you'd like to have the other one, I will send it to who ever asks first... However, If you take it... You gotta complete it and get on me about completing mine. I plan on painting mine white, and doing a little scene inside of it.... It's tiny and the roof part comes off. It's about 3 1/4 inches tall. I found it in the cake decorating section! So what would you do with it if it were yours?

Next we have the angel. I love how she looks in person, but I can't seem to capture that in pictures today...

Remember, First she was painted with Gesso...then sprayed with probably too many coats of stone spray. Then I went back and added brown and green paint to age her... And last night she got mossed.



Now I just need to take a good picture of her?!


I went ahead and mossed one of the trophies, too. I really like how it came out.


I was going to fill this one, but I kinda like it as it is... I can fill the others later. They'd be pretty with flowers, too. It stands 3 3/4 inches tall. I know it seems a bit tall... but I think it would make a good focal point in a garden...


As usual the inspector came by....I don''t think JD was impressed with the smell of the moss, because after he smelled it he snuffed his nose and walked away.


While I was outside... I went ahead and took a few pic of the roses..... This is our tea-roses.... Smells so wonderful!


And these are the bf 'Orange Crush' roses... I swear he has a hundred blooms on that thing!


My rose bush is doing well, too. But it only has a few blooms on it. LOL.... and my blooms are bigger. Last year one of the blooms was the size of my hand!


And here's the daylilies that got planted yesterday! I still can't believe she brought me that many! I'm hoping this will fill in over the next few years and that the whole fence line will be covered:) Hope my neighbor doesn't mind?!



Hope everyone has an awesome weekend... My parents will be here late tonight and tomorrow I hope to walk the beach with them.... Which will take me into my next idea... The International Sand trade. More on that later:)


Until Next Time....

11 comments:

Jollie said...

Your really too kind Katie ;)
I would love to make a very small fairy gazebo from this beautiful piece you have found for so little money!! Great findings!! :)
But most of all.... I loved your story... especialy about the angel and the stone coating :)

Hugs Jollie

Caseymini said...

Katie, I am not going for the Gazebo. It is really nice, but I already have a couple of 1/4" ones.
I really think that JD is living dangerously. I wonder how he would look, moss covered.....?

Flora said...

Here are 22 pm and the day of the princely marriage is over ...
I can not deny that left me with a sense of melancholy, for what I can never live (although I also married my prince charming) ...
Their seems to be a fairy tale and it seems hard to believe that their lives will never be disturbed by everyday problems such as bills to make ends meet and the extra pounds ...
Anyway: back to reality!
Very beautiful your garden, and new statues ... I see that the cat is interested :-)
Good weekend to the sea :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Katie said...

Jollie! It's yours! I think a fairy garden sounds dreamy:) Email me your address and I will put it in the mail Monday:) Thank- you for asking for it:) I can't wait to see how these turn out:)

Casey! Jd came home about a week ago Yellow! He'd been in a pollen path somehwhere... and coulda cared less, lol... we call him Dirty D around here cause well...he's always covered with something.

Hugs Flora:) To the sea I go....

onbeingaminimum said...

Great buy Katie, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Caseymini said...

Katie, are you sure that JD wasn't in the prickly pear flowers with my bees?LOL Sure sounds like it!

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

I just bought some little trophies that I was going to make into some plant holders similar to the one you have, which looks way better than I had planned in my head.

Jollie said...

Wow Katie I never expected in my dreams that it would come true that I was the first who gave a 'comment' on your post :) I 'm so Happy that I won!!!!! Still can't believe it lol!
Thanks so much :)

I will write you a mail...

Hugs Jollie

Ana Anselmo said...

this one I just saw it today....no problem, I have so many projects on my table LOL
hugs
Ana

Jackie said...

Hi Katie, love the pictures. I got my goodies today, love them thank you and the little extras too.
You will see them soon in the garden roombox I'm doing for a competition, it closes on 31st May and apart from dreaming about it and collecting some bits & searching my many boxes I hadnt started it til today!! Its quite wee though so should make it in time - curse the day job for getting in the way!
I'm even going to use the green strip from the bottom of your card as it matches the colours I'm using ... that's resourcefulness for you :-)
Take care, Jackie

Kim said...

Hi Katie! I love, love, love the trophy! It would make a fantastic garden focal point! I love, love, love your flowers too- wow your roses are beautiful!