Thursday, April 21, 2011

New Benches

I just got done listing a few benches in Etsy..... Went with bright spring colors this time... and made all of them small. The longest one is 3 1/4 inches... The one on top is only 2 1/4 inches long. I love it when you see them in the magazines stacked up, so I thought I'd take a pic like it:)

While I was outside taking pictures of the benches, I happened to peek over my railing and see that my clematis' are in full bloom..... They're just so pretty!

Thought you'd like to take a peek inside:)




I've also been working on this.... It's the one from the other day, aged. ((Do you find that when you really, really like something.... You want to take hundreds of pictures of it?? What will it look like here... and what will it look like there? kinda thing??)



I love using my garden as a backdrop to my creations.... And you get eye-candy! Call me weird, but I really think that rust is beautiful! I used the stone spray to give it it's texture, then went back this morning and added some more color to make it look really old. I have more like this... Just ran out of spray, lol. Yup, used a whole can in one night.... Everything was getting sprayed... except for the cats....





Funny story behind this little guy. My daughter and I were at 'the party store' the other day, when I found this little trophy on the floor, I picked it up, and went looking for where it came from. I couldn't find it, so I spoke with the store manager, and he couldn't find them either... And then he said I could have the one in my hands if I wanted it! How awesome is that!! Wouldn't even charge me for it when I offered to pay something for it. He said they get them all the time, so I definitely plan on stopping back in there sometime. But.... While I was at the thrift store the other day buying 'more junk' I found a bag full of them:D So you know I had to buy them.... Also came home with more white dishes for my real kitchen- my kids have been breaking mine lately(accidentally of course!), so It was time to restock... And at 45 cents a plate, I can afford this.... And they all match. I also found some new tins, a couple of fisher price people, a small nativity set, another chess set- for the horses of course! And I bought another glass sundae dish... Now all 5 of us have one. And you know what..... I only spent $10!! So now that I have a million projects going on, lol.... I got to get some of this stuff done! Back to work I go.....

Until Next Time...

Oh.. and before I forget again... Someone had asked me where I get my tiny starfish- And well, I live by the beach, and there's a sea-shell store on the pier... I do want to get some more myself... Whenever I get my car back from the shop:( However I was looking through Etsy the other night and there are sellers out there that sell them for good prices. OK.... Talk to ya'll later:)

6 comments:

Ana Anselmo said...

Katie, the benches are beautiful, and the way you age that piece it seems that it was in the sea floor for centuries! Inever saw that stone spray here. I would love to have thrift stores like that here...
Have a nice Easter katie, hugs for all your family.
Ana

Caseymini said...

Katie, after finishing my blog today, I came to look at yours. Great minds think alike. It is just too nice a day to stay indoors. Love your plants!

onbeingaminimum said...

Love the benches. Wish we had thrift store in England they sound great places.

Natalie Wilson said...

Love the stone cups Katie, they are unrecognisable from their original plastic state.

Kim said...

I love the benches! I think you better stop making new things- it's already hard to stay out of your etsy store! I love rusty things too- when we moved to our house and started finding old rusty farm tools I wouldn't let my hubby throw any of the out! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!!

PS- I just got my 2nd package yesterday- omg!!! Thank you so much for the extras- especially the items for my journal. You really are the best Katie ♥

Las pequeñas cosas de Victoria said...

Hola Katie:
Los banquitos son preciosos!!
,el trofeo una verdadera obra de arte ,y aunque has tenido que usar mucho aerosol ,te ha quedado precioso.
tienes un lindisimo jardin ,envidiable!!!
un besito guapa, que tengas un buen dia