Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Little of this and that...

So, I haven't really been working on any big projects this week, just been trying to finish some of those little ones. This one happens to be one of my favorites:)

After Christmas I found this picture frame Christmas ornament at The Dollar general on Clearance... I bought 2:) It was originally gold, but I have mucked it up with some paint. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to turn it into a Shabby Chic Wall Mirror. I just have to get the mirror and I can call it done:) This one will go on Etsy, and the other one I will be keeping for The Painted Lady.


It's big, but I love it for that reason! from the top of her head to the very bottom flower it's 5 inches. Still, I think it will be wonderful on a wall!

I also made these. 2 little white birds in a nest. I used the wrong glue, so it's not sticking properly... but once they're in my roombox, you'll never know. They look better in person, the camera tends to show all the flaws! (The paint appears to be more blended in real life.) Still they're cute:)


And then while I had the paint out, I painted some bowls. These too will go in The Painted Lady. And I made a few extra for Etsy.

I was able to get the bowls listed, and I listed some of my bags..... I made some surprises to go in the girlie bags:) So each bag has something to go with it. Come check it out:)


Before I forget, In the next couple of days, I will be having a giveaway! I have lots of things to celebrate:) I just have to get my head together first:) So keep an eye open....


LOL.... I have an awful allergy head cold, and I can't write a sentence to save my life... everything just sounds confusing, lol. Now that I've got my 'work' done for the day, I'm going back to bed! Until Next Time......

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Katie - I just love the cherub frame, it is quite big but sometimes a big thing has real impact! Hope you feel better soon, Jackie

Jollie said...

Hi Katie,
You did lots of nice work :)
I just adore that frame with the little angel on it, soooo beautiful!

Hugs Jollie

Lataina said...

LOVE the frame and birds! Hope you feel better soon. =)

Norma Bennett said...

The frame is gorgeous and on a large wall would no doubt be fantastic. Little birds cute as!

I hope your allergy is better soon, I know what you mean about it making you feel foggy and unable to think properly, it's the pits.

Sans! said...

Rest well, dear! :)

I like the little birds too and the mirror will look great in a mansion.

Kelli said...

Going to be redundant and just say that the frame turned out awesome, as well as all of your other works! Between you and Casey's blog, the two sites I try to keep up with on a daily basis anymore. :) Hope you get to feeling better asap.

Kikka N said...

You have done really Nice and charming work! Love them all!

Kim said...

Beautiful work Katie! I love the mirror also-the little bowls are cute as heck!

Ana Anselmo said...

Just to say hi! and that I loved the little cute birds!