Saturday, June 27, 2009

....And Cora's House turns One!!!!

It was a year ago this week that the new house came to life. While we were away for a family reunion......The bf built the shell of Otis', Um, I mean Cora's House! So I thought I'd take you on a picture trail of Otis' visits....Seeing as he thinks he's the Foreman on this job!

Here's what the inside of the house looked like when we got home....I was in shock over how big it was! Seriously......I had no clue it was going to be this massive! (At least in this house it seems enormous...but then again, that's what happens when you live in a single wide trailer, haha!! Everything's too big!)

I started with painting the outside......And Otis was there to inspect on a daily bases!! Here the bay window has been installed, and I was about to finish gluing in the last window.

One of my favorites!! LMAO!! Otis' tail is sticking straight out of the side access panel!! And he was sound asleep!!


Before the kitchen got painted......Otis spent many of days in there watching me work in the other rooms....At this point, I'm still gesso'ing everything...


He had to test the durability of the wrap around porch on the second story. Luckily, he didn't break anything......but, I tell ya, it scares the crud out of me when I think of what may happen when I get around to actually installing the rail and spindles around both porches, Yikes!!! Not to mention the shingles..... Remember what he did to the dining room table?! (He ate the legs!)

And another one of my favorites!! Now he's inspecting the ceiling in the living room, lol.......actually, again he's sound asleep in there, I actually had to go in there and wake him up to make sure he was alright!! LOL! And as you can see.....I've started to paint the rooms..


I do not have a recent picture to show you at this point......Most of it can be found back through my blog under the label Cora's House. You will have to wait till we can get Cora's new presents put in...All of them~ including the things that all of you have sent her in the past few months!! Thank-you for helping me with this build!! I couldn't of done it as good as I have without all of your help!! You All are amazing!!!! :)

3 comments:

Sans! said...

This is a sturdy house but without all your pics of Otis, we can't tell! "Cora and Otis'", I think that's what Otis want :). Wonderful anniversary post.

Ana Anselmo said...

Good morning Katie!
fantastic photos, Cora looks so happy! She is a beautiful girl.
About Cor´s house and Otis, I remember some of those photos LOL.
hugs
Ana

Debbie said...

LOL so funny watching the house evolve with Otis in residence. My favourite picture is the one where he's on his back asleep.. Brilliant. x