Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Windows are done!

The kids came home with blankets they made while at camp. I have seen one of my neighbors make them, and my Mom made some like it last year for Christmas. But I wanted to try it dollhouse size......I do suggest finding a thinner material, maybe flannel....this stuff worked, but is still a little thick. I started out by cutting a rectangle about 1 inch bigger than then bed, all the way around. Then I measured in an inch, and used pins to 'draw' a line. I cut into this margin.....don't worry about making these cuts all perfect~ as long as they're close, it will work. I left the pins in and then tied the top to the bottom all the way around. I think it's cute, and my daughter will be happy to have another blanket!
I have also been painting shutters. I accidentally painted them white first, before remembering I had wanted them turquoise. I'm great at making extra work for myself! I also figured out how to assemble the last 2 windows. It seems my kit has extra pieces, lol.....and here I was looking for an invisible window opening. Duh! I got the shutters glued on this afternoon! This house is starting to come alive now. I am glad we choose the colors we did, they look great together!!
And here's an after thought. I really should of done all the trim in the bay window before gluing it in! Now I'm going have to work through this hole and at an angle.

2 comments:

Revie said...

The blanket looks really cute!

The dollhouse is coming along nicely...it's been fun watching it come together. Love the color choices!

Ana Anselmo said...

Katie, I didn´t understand very well how did you make the blank,
specially this:
I left the pins in and then tied the top to the bottom all the way around. :(
hugs
Ana